To access the cPanel, navigate to https://cpanel.cynderhost.com/. Log in with your credentials.
You should see something like this. If you don't, contact customer support for help.
This is your cPanel. This is where you will:
- Connect domain names to your hosting
- Set up emails for your site, install WordPress
- Back up your website
- Upload files to your server
- Check your bandwidth and other usage stats
- Change various security settings
- Install add-on apps on your server
- Create new databases / manage existing ones
- Set up various optimizations.
Getting Around #
In the top right corner, you should see this navigation bar. You can:
- Search for functions in cPanel with the search bar
- Change user settings like password, language, contact information, and page settings with the user preferences link
- See updates with the notification bell
On the left, you can see a sidebar with a User Management icon. This is where you can add or remove users from your cPanel account. You can also see which email accounts you’ve set up, as well as who has access to your FTP and web disk.
Change Preferences #
• We encourage you to change your password when you first login to cPanel. You can use the password generator to quickly generate a strong password that you can store in a safe place.
• Change your contact information. Specifically, add an email where you can recieve updates, so cPanel can communicate you when something significant happens to your cPanel. Set it to an email that’s not attached to any domain name that you’re hosting in this cPanel: in case anything happens with your config, that domain might get compromised as well, making any attempt at communicating with you impossible.
• Add new users, such as a business partner, with the User Manager.